Monday, September 10, 2007

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

I found this one a fun film to see … though it’s been getting terrible reviews and I suppose if you actually knew the history which this is supposed to be telling you’d be upset with the “cinematic licence” taken with the fact. I thoroughly enjoyed it from the worst seat in the house … over to the side and partly obstructed.

I suppose I should admit that I’m a fan of both Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen and could watch either of them read the phone book and be satisfied.

Details
Director: Shekhar Kapur
Country: United Kingdom
Year: 2007
Language: English
Runtime: 114 minutes
Screenplay: William Nicholson, Michael Hirst
Cinematographer: Remi Adefarasin
Editor: Jill Bilcock
Production Designer: Guy Hendrix Dyas
Sound: Mark Auguste
Music: Craig Armstrong, Ar Rahman
Principal Cast: Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, Clive Owen, Rhys Ifans, Jordi Molla, Abbie Cornish, Samantha Morton